MIGAL invites potential postdoc candidates to send their CV and protentional proposal.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021
Call for expressions of interest
Dr Dorit Avni Laboratory at MIGAL-applied research institute is interested in acting as a host institution to researchers intending to apply for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the framework of the new Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) programme. Dr Dorit Avni is the coordinator of Algae4IBD, leading a 21-partners consortium under HORIZON 2020 aiming to explore algae as a source for novel bio-active compounds for the prevention and treatment of inflammation, pain and IBD. We offer a multidieciplinary project aiming to identify small molecoles and algae- based novel molecules for the prevention and treatment of inflammatory-based diseases such as IBD and colon related cancer (CRC). MSCA forms part of the newly launched Horizon Europe programme, the largest research funding programme in Europe. The MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships grant, if awarded, covers two years' salary, a mobility allowance, research costs and overheads for the host institution.
Individual candidates are to submit proposals for funding under this competitive call through the European Commission's Funding and Tenders portal. Applicants will be supported by MIGAL and Dr Dorit Avni as a supervisor and Research Support Services Directorate. The call will be closed on 12 October 2021.
MSCA-PF eligibility criteria:
- The candidate may be of any nationality
- The candidate must be, at the date of the call deadline, in possession of a doctoral degree
- At the call deadline, supported researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents.
- The candidate cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary (Israel) for more than 12 months in the three years before the call deadline
- Only one proposal per candidate may be submitted to PF call
The project is strongly focused on the career development of participating researchers, and includes private partner organisations.
We invite potential postdoc candidates to send CV including the candidate expriteis that are relevant to this topic and a proposal draft for the project before 30 August 2021 to Dr Dorit Avni, email@example.com. The candidate will send To Dr. Avni a proposal draft addressing the link between IBD and CRC and the approaches to elucidate new targets and the usage of algea as a source for novel active copmounds. The selected candidate will need to write their proposal with the support of Dr Avni and MIGAL.
Please contact Dr. Avni for additional information or questions.
The final submission deadline to the European Commission is 12 October 2021. The funding decisions will be communicated by February 2022, and projects can start around March 2022 or later.