Job Title: Researcher in the fields of science: plant science, agriculture, biology.
Subordinate to: Northern R&D General manager and MIGAL CEO
Purpose: Lead research in deciduous fruit tree crops and develop technologies in growing deciduous fruit trees, focusing on physiological and agrotechnical aspects to optimize the growth and improve quality and yield.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Initiate, plan and conduct research.
- Prepare research programs for various funding sources in accordance with the needs of the deciduous branches.
- Prepare work plans and be accountable for their execution.
- Prepare and submit summaries of the executed research plans.
- Publish research reports and / or articles in Israeli and International journals.
- Maintain working relationships with farmers, wholesale marketers, researchers, instructors and other professionals in Israel and abroad.
- Prepare budget proposals for conducting research.
- Control of budget utilization for the research.
- Participate in meetings of the professional organizations of the scientific branch.
- Maintain work correspondence and communications with research institutions and researchers in Israel and abroad that engage in research on deciduous trees.
- PhD and a postdoctoral fellowship from a recognized academic / research institution in the relevant fields.
- Knowledge and experience in fruit tree biology and how to grow fruit trees - an advantage.
- Originality, research direction initiative and independence.
- Ability to work in a team, manage and train employees.
- Ability to plan, write and execute research plans and submit reports.
- Maintain and grow connections for the exchange of knowledge and cooperation with researchers and scientists in Israel and abroad.
- Knowledge of Hebrew and English and the ability to write scientifically in these languages.
- Residence or willingness to move and live in the northern region.
Scope: Full Time
Screening process: Candidates will be screened by an assessment center for the position.
Eligible candidates are asked to send: a letter of application, resume (CV), list of publications, description of achievements and research statement, as well as names of four persons that can provide recommendations for you from Israel and abroad.
Postal address for mailing application documents:
Mrs. Haya Rak-Yahalom, Genaral manager of Northern R&D
P.O. Box 831
Kiryat Shmona 11016
Or Email: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the documents is 15.5.2021.
The position is open for both women and men.
The publication of this advertisement should not be construed as an undertaking to hire any researcher.