We are Hiring
We are looking for a highly motivated soil microbiologist to lead exciting and well-funded ongoing projects on soil microbiology. The lab of Itai Sharon at Migal specializes in microbiome bioinformatics and data science, but the emphasis of the projects is soil microbiology and chemistry, including field and lab work and data analysis. Nevertheless, the role involves close interaction with other lab members to apply state-of-the-art microbiome bioinformatics methods and develop new approaches.
- Plan and design experiments
- Lead field and lab work
- Analyze amplicon, metagenomics, and environmental data, summarize results in reports and papers
- Manage lab work of students and technicians
- Collaborate with other agencies and research institutions involved in the projects
Experience and Qualifications
We encourage you to apply if you have some of the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in microbiology, microbial ecology, soil chemistry, or related fields
- Experience with soil microbial ecology, broad understanding of terrestrial ecosystems
- Experience with related molecular analysis tools
- Understanding of microbial ecology data analysis methods and concepts
- Ability to collaborate with peer scientists from other disciplines
To apply to the position, please submit a cover letter and a full CV, including studies, research experience, work experience, and publications, to Dr. Itai Sharon at email@example.com.
Please contact Dr. Sharon for more information about the position.