- Developing and updating of storage conditions and technologies for more than 20 different fruit varieties.
- Research and development of innovative storage technologies to extend the storage life of fruit and vegetables while keeping their nutritional and marketable qualities.
- Research and development of innovative products of fresh cut fruit.
- Molecular genetic of fruit ripening.
- Research and Analysis of fruit volatiles during ripening and pathogen attack.
Dan is a scientist with over 18 years' experience of applied and basic postharvest research. He is part of the plant science department of MIGAL and conducting his experiments at the advanced and equipped postharvest innovation center laboratory. His main research topics are related to postharvest quality improvement of fruit and vegetables during storage and marketing. This includes the research and development of the storage conditions and technologies for more than 20 different fruit varieties. His research team in the postharvest laboratory is serving the Israeli fruit and vegetables growers, and in addition conducting experiments for commercial companies of storage technology, modified atmosphere packaging and plant protection. Dan has completed his PhD at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (faculty of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Quality Sciences).
Academic and research position:
1993-1996 B.Sc. Agr., Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Quality Sciences, Food chemistry and Biochemistry, (honor of excellence).
2000–2002 M.Sc., Tel-Aviv University, Life sciences, Plant Science, (honor of excellence). Supervised by Prof. Rachel Amir and Prof. Avia Zilberstien.
2005-2013 Ph.D. Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Quality Sciences, Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture. Supervised by Prof. Martin Goldway and Prof. Oded Shoseyov.
2016-2018 Postdoc, Weizmann Institute of Science, Supervised by Prof. Asaph Aharoni. The research topic: The hormonal regulation of non- climacteric fruit ripening.
2002-to date, Tel-Hai Academic Collage. Faculty of Life Sciences,
- Biotechnological aspects of fruit and vegetable quality. Agriculture track Dep. of Biotechnology.
- First seminar. Agriculture track Dep. of Biotechnology.
- Food microbiology and sanitation. Dep. of Food Science.
- Postharvest storage of fruit and vegetable. Dep. of Food Science.
- Food microbiology and sanitation, Dep. of Food Science.
- An introduction to microbiology, Dep. of Biotechnology, guide.
- Molecular genetics. Dep. of Biotechnology, guide.