Practical applications of UV-Visible and FTIR spectroscopy in life sciences
ONLINE WORKSHOP, 4-15
September, 2022, Prof. Giora Rytwo
UV-Visible and FTIR spectrophotometers are relatively low-cost and simple- maintenance instruments available in most institutes and laboratories.
These methods are not always fully exploited, and several applications that can elucidate very interesting information are not used.
In our workshop we will focus on:
- Deepening our understanding on the methods
- Avoiding mistakes and misinterpretations
- Overcoming interferences
- Introducing advanced uses such as: In situ catalysis measurements
- Kinetic analysis
- In situ changes in organic molecules (e.g. interactions between functional groups or protein secondary structure determination)
- Relative quantification in mixtures and other possible applications
The workshop materials will be available online from September 4th, 2022.
The live sessions will begin on August 21st, 2022.
* The workshop will be taught in English and is intended for graduate students, postdocs, researchers and industry representatives.
* Students can obtain two credit points subject to the approval of their home institution.
Participants should have a basic knowledge and understanding of general chemistry/organic chemistry. They should be fluent in basic concepts such as chemical bonds, atoms and molecules, as well as terminology, such as "functional groups, carbonyl bond, aromatic rings, etc". If in doubt, please consult with the workshop facilitator before registering for the workshop.
For further information, please visit:
Or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org