We are Hiring
Postdoctoral position is open in the laboratory headed by Dr. Dorit Avni in the field of sphingolipids, phytochemicals and the immune system in MIGAL.
Aim of the study: To characterize new algae-based active ingredients as a source of anti-inflammatory drugs or functional foods including the treatment and prevention of colitis and Crohn's. This study will be conducted as part of a grant from the European Union - Algae4IBD.
The laboratory specializes in a variety of methods: immunologies, biochemistry, molecular biology, metabolism and preclinical models.
For further details :
- And in a recently published article: "Unique spirulina molecules for the treatment of cytokine storms" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33566210/ "
Scope of the position: full-time, for a period of two years with an option for extension, and the possibility of internship in Europe.
Start date: Immediate.
Location: Migal Laboratories - Kiryat Shmona.
- PhD in Biotechnology / Nutrition / Life Sciences - required.
- Proven experience in scientific writing in English - required.
- Experience and understanding of working with animal cell cultures - required.
- Experience working with mice as model animals, planning and executing experiments with animals - an advantage.
- Working with large databases - an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and familiarity with advanced research methods and analysis.
- Good interpersonal communication, ability to work in a team, order and organization.
Please send your CV to: